What went right!
- Josh Kennedy coming on. Although he didn’t score in the Derby he knows where to be to get the goals, a player that has been lacking in the City line up.
- Besart Berisha tried to be too fancy and missed a goal from close range. We were lucky not to be four goals down.
- City had far more possession of the ball and more shots than Victory – don’t believe it? See the stats below.
What went wrong!
- Ramsay coming off around the 30 minute mark. What was with that?! I would even question why he was in the starting eleven. Apparently this was because John van’t Ship didn’t believe Ramsay was working and tried Willo.
- Erik Paartalu’s absence: he was sorely missed as cover for our defence which couldn’t deal with Victory’s quick passing
- Victory only needed 3 shots on target. They all found the back of the net.
- Poor on target shooting accuracy of 37.5%
- Mooy didn’t seem to be at his best and wasn’t able to show us his fine form that he has shown during the season so far.
- John van’t Schip’s post match press comments said City were flat footed and were not good enough. He looked deflated during the press conference. City being “not at the races” was JVS’s favourite quote. Maybe City were at the races instead of being on the pitch!
- This keeps Brisbane Roar 1 point from sixth postion and makes it harder for City. They had a chance to increase the buffer and failed.
- City have really missed Tando, hopefully he is back for next week. Tando has become a crowd favourite and when he is playing City seem to win more than they lose.
- 11 shots from outside the box to only 3 shots inside the box. This is interesting – City don’t normally have this many attempts from outside the box.